- Your rights relating to the information we hold about you.
- How we keep your personal information safe.
- The types of personal information we collect and use to offer the services we promise to you and the legal basis we rely on, to use this information.
- Full transparency on the information that’s submitted by you or collected by us and the reasons why this information is needed
About how we use data
- Our internal processes, infrastructure, and 3rd party services / partners are compliant with EU GDPR regulation. We have dedicated and secure servers for your personal data. These are shrouded in multiple layers of security to keep all your details safe.
Who we are
Silbury Coins is an online business based in Gloucestershire, UK. Our main service is providing coins & artefacts to businesses and consumers.
Scope of policy
This policy applies to your use of the Silbury Coins website, namely, www.silburycoins.com
This policy sets out the legal basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It also covers whether and how that information may be shared and your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us.
We are the data controller responsible for your personal data.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”). Our DPO has several important responsibilities including:
- Monitoring Silbury Coins’ compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws;
- Raising awareness of data protection issues, training Silbury Coins staff and conducting internal audits; and
- Cooperating with supervisory authorities such as the ICO on our behalf.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information we may collect and receive from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us (submitted)
- Information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on our website, including if you request any information or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- details of any transactions made by you through Silbury Coins;
Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries or comments regarding Silbury Coins or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them; and
Information we collect about you and your device:
- Details of your visits to Silbury Coins, the resources you access and any data you download;
- Technical information, such as device properties (including, but not limited to IP address, Media Access Control (MAC) address and unique device identifier or other device identifier (UDID)), device software platform and firmware, mobile phone carrier, geographical data such as post code and location and other data as reasonably required by Silbury Coins to enhance our products and services; and
Information to help us deliver our service to you which we receive from other sources:
- we are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- help us to build a profile of your preferences so we can offer you events and services you are interested in;
- enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through Silbury Coins and which you request;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make through Silbury Coins;
- share with third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card processing companies, banks and suppliers;
- exchange information with other companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- contact you by post, phone or email when necessary to discuss the transactions entered into by you on Silbury Coins;
- audit the downloading of data from Silbury Coins;
- improve the layout and/or content of the webpages of Silbury Coins and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to Silbury Coins
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of website usage behaviour and sales data;
- market our products and services through 3rd party marketing and engagement platforms e.g Facebook Ads, Google Ads etc all of whose services are GDPR compliant.
- share with social networking sites at your request; and
- disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law.
We will also use information you provide to us for the purposes of contacting you with information or offers regarding upcoming events, products, services or surveys. This shall only be done with your consent which is explained in full below when setting out your rights.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following ways:
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our suppliers, agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through Silbury Coins, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, we may disclose, in each case, your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request
- To protect our rights, or the property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection or cybercrime.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we use your personal data as stated above, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate as well as what information is required by us to perform the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver the Services.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why use the information
To provide Silbury Coins Services:
- To carry out our obligation to our users which is to provide them with relevant and personalised information about products they might like.
- To be able to contact you regarding any orders you have placed or enquiries you have made using our service.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services.
- To notify you about new, existing products and services.
- To create a trust between our customers and community who share reviews about our products and services between each other and follow each other.
To help market and provide products and services that may interest you:
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
To keep Silbury Coins services up and running:
- To better understand which parts of our product / service you enjoy using the most to continuously improve our product.
Where we store your personal data
Information that you submit via Silbury Coins is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA). This is necessary in order to process the information.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who work for us or for one of the third-party services we require to use. Third parties who use personal data in delivering their services to us, use data securely and confidentially and under strict contractual controls in accordance with data protection laws and enforced by Silbury Coins. These 3rd party services include: Paypal, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Worldpay. They all carry out their services being compliant to GDPR.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Silbury Coins. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.